If hitting the slopes isn't on the agenda, why not bring the joy of winter to your home through delightful do-it-yourself crafts? These projects are not only a blast to make but also serve as decorations for your winter wonderland. So, gather your little ones and embark on a crafting adventure that will have them feeling the thrill of the slopes in the comfort of your home.Paper Plate Snowflakes:
- Paper plates
- Have your kids cut out wedges from the edges of a paper plate, leaving the center intact.
- Once the wedges are cut, encourage them to create intricate patterns on each wedge using glue and glitter.
- Allow the snowflakes to dry, and then attach a string to hang them around the house or on the Christmas tree.
Cotton Ball Snowmen:
- Cotton balls
- Colored construction paper
- Small accessories (buttons, ribbon, googly eyes)
- Form three cotton balls into a snowman shape, stacking them on top of each other.
- Let your child get creative by decorating the snowman using construction paper for scarves and hats, markers for faces, and small accessories for added flair.
- These fluffy snowmen make adorable decorations for shelves or window sills.
Salt Dough Ornaments:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- Cookie cutters
- Acrylic paints
- Clear varnish (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt, and water to create a dough.
- Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to create winter-themed shapes.
- Bake the ornaments in the oven according to the dough recipe instructions.
- Once cooled, let your kids paint and decorate the ornaments. Optionally, apply clear varnish for a glossy finish.
- White socks
- Rubber bands
- Fabric glue
- Fill a white sock with rice, leaving enough space at the top to tie it off with a rubber band.
- Use another sock as a hat by cutting it and placing it on top of the rice-filled sock.
- Add buttons for eyes and a row of buttons down the snowman's front.
- Finish by tying a ribbon around the neck as a scarf.
These DIY ski crafts are sure to keep your kids entertained and spark their creativity during the winter months. Not only do they provide a fun indoor activity, but the finished products also make for delightful decorations. Whether you have snow outside or not, these crafts are bound to bring the joy of the season into your home. Headed outside for some winter fun? Make sure your kids are prepared with high-quality outerwear from Northern Classics.